Kayak To The Molks
A guided tour to the islands off Lanikai
A professionally trained kayak guide greets the customers when they arrive at Kailua Beach Adventures. After a welcome briefing in the Eco Lounge, the paddlers walk to Kailua Beach Park where they will begin and end their kayaking tour.
It’s off to the Mokulua Islands for an unforgettable experience on the famed “Twin Islands”. Paddlers will head out approximately 3/4 mile offshore to Moku Nui (the larger of the two Mokulua islands) where they will land on the sandy beach of the protected bird sanctuary. The guide will take everyone on an exploration of the island, including a secret tide pool, called “Queens Bath”, if conditions allow. Many species of ocean creatures may be seen on this nature walk, including but not limited to Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles, Wedge-Tailed Shearwaters and Hawaiian Rock crabs. On lucky days, Humpback Whales or even the endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal are also spotted! Hungry appetites are rewarded with picnic lunches including a gourmet deli sandwich, tropical juice, chips, and granola bars. Next is a chance at a snorkeling session in the underwater lava formations at Moku Nui beach before kayaking back to Kailua Beach Park.
Video Of The Tour
- Professional Tour Guide (1 per 8 customer ratio)
- One or two-person Ocean KayakTM or Spectrum Kayak TM (Double kayaks are used whenever possible)
- U.S. Coastguard approved PFD Type 3
- DLNR Offshore Islet Landing Permit (per kayak)
- Comfort Pro Kayak SeatTM
- Sea Sports silicon snorkel, mask and fins
- Complete picnic lunch
- Snorkeling equipment
- Top of the line kayaks with all of the accessories
- Transportation to and from Waikiki
- Beginners (adventure minded and physically able) to Experienced.
- Minimum age 13 years.
- Ages 13-16 must ride in a double kayak with a parent or guardian.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All Participants must be able to swim. No exceptions.